Frequently asked questions about septic tanks & plumbing
TMP Civil Services Pty Ltd offers a wide variety of plumbing, civil, land restoration, roofing and septic services.
Experienced in many areas, our qualified team has answered some of our most commonly asked questions.
For more information, call us today.
Yes, we can. The team at TMP Civil Services Pty Ltd can use a wide range of specialised equipment to detect leaks, such as CCTV drain cameras. This includes leaks not visible without the drain camera or tree roots deep in the pipe which have ruptured the pipe.
- Frequency of use
- Number of people in house
- Whether the house is occupied during the day (i.e if working from home)
- The ground surrounding your tank & how well it leeches away liquids.
Generally, tanks should be pumped every 4 or 5 years to ensure the best health and safety.
- Turn off gas at meter or cylinder
- Turn off all appliances and pilot lights (including electric appliances)
- Open doors and windows for ventilation
- Extinguish any flames and cigarettes
- Call our gasfitting team right away
Our technicians will be able to find the source of the leak and repair it for you easily.
In many cases, roofing issues can be discovered before they become large enough to result in you needing a full roof replacement.
Look for signs of roof problems including water stains on ceilings or wall cavities, popped roof screws or loose gutter brackets.
If you see any of these, make sure you call us today.
If your toilet is dripping or running, this can be a symptom of several problems.
Most commonly, either the inlet valve or outlet valve needs replacing. In some cases, both parts may need to be replaced,
Our experienced team is able to identify the source of running water in your toilet, and often performs repairs on the spot—just call us today.